Skip to main content

(many) Thoughts of the Night

"Never give up on what u really want to do. The person with big dreams
is more powerful than one with all the facts." (Unknown - taken from
Sidney Mohede's twitter).

That's exactly what we're doing now.
Starting the sate business soon.

Im so thankful for the wonderful support from Andi, he's been my rock
and the reason of every smile at the end of the day.
My heart beats faster everytime I see the twinkle in his eyes.

On the other note....
Yearning for something big.
It. Has. Got. To. Be MOOORREE to life than this!
Seriously!
Im super bored.
Each and every week is malls after malls, after malls... and malls! Oh
wait! And more malls!!!

Seessshh!!!

Im blessed with a great bonding within each member of the family.
We got together almost every weekend.
Tapi ya itu... Ke mall lagiii, ke mall lagi...

My dad spends million(s) each week at the malls.
He's the one paying for all the meals, groceries, coffees, petrols, etc.

Not that we're asking for it.
That's just the nature somehow.

... But sometimes it make me think,
Most of my friends are giving their parents money every month.
Some parents even specifically asked for certain amount.

Mine never do that.

can I really stand on my own?
Or have I been too comfortable with the benefits?
Have I taken advantage of my parents?

Bukannya it's time for me to pay for them ya?

I get nothing but the VERY BEST from my parents.
I know Im super blessed.
And Im grateful and have no intention to take it for granted.

Mau pake supir tinggal mangap,
Mau makan apa tinggal pesen,
Mau apa tinggal sebuutt.

Mami drives me around for years.
She's a strong lady who takes care of everybody more than she takes
care of herself.
She puts us first.
We are her number one.

Papi gives me at least 6 gold credit cards and 2 platinums.
(I dont even know how many exactly)
I can use those anytime, anywhere I want!
(and I proudly say that Im very very responsible with the usage)

Helllooooo!
Im 28 freakin' years old and Im still very much a daddy's and mommy's
girl.

Most of the time they refuse dibayarin.
That's why I go all out showering them with Bali, Bangkok n Hongkong
this year.

Those are the only way I can think of.
And I tried to hold my emosi, karena mereka kadang super nyebelin.

Andi has a very different up bringing.
His family never yells at each other.

Sedangkan mine?
I kinda used to hear my parents fight.
My brother suka ngebentak2 my mom.
My mom yelled at me.
I shouted back at her.
Mungkin cuma papi yg rada untouchable.
Secara he's an alpha-male type yg dominan.

There are bitterness,
I know I still have some.
We hurt each other badly from time to time.
Tapi I think we're pretty strong as a family.

Not every family bisa hang out tiap minggu.
Bener deh, Im really blessed.

I know I've been saying that, and I quote myself, "I have a house, but
I dont have a home yet"

Tonight I realized.
Tonight, the phrase is understood.
'home... where your heart is'

Andi is my home.
My parents are my home.
My brother is my home.
My niece is my home.
(tapi tetep... Oz or NZ is gonna be my homeland one day)

Those are the people I care most.
They're the air that I breathe.
Terimakasih Tuhan. Heaps.

Uda melenceng jauh,
I got carried away....
Intinya....
Seriously, can we go somewhere NOT mall-ie this weekend?

Maybe we should consider fishing.
Or even bungy jumping.
Or BBQ.
Or play monopoly.
Or ke dufan.
Or bercocok tanam!!
Or get a new puppy beagle!!

Or better still.... Get a PR!!!!!!

This is waay too mundane.
I should sleep.

Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List

Yep. Been hearing a lot about people dropped dead suddenly. Mulai dari si Adjie Masaid, babenya si Joshua, then just now Emma's friend juga Dadaism died of heart attack. She was 29 years old, just got ,arrayed last October. Life is so fragile. That's why I really hate Andi each time I have to remind him over and over again about healthy lifestyle. Anyway, decided to make a bucket list for myself. 1. Back to NZ 2. Sky dive 3. Vacation to Russia 4. Having more than enough funds for Onya to pursue her degree in England, Oxford University preferably :) 5. Ngeliat Andi punya bodi keren 6. Buying a house for my parents 7. Karet tengsin dijual Hmmm....... Belon kepikiran yg lawn. Nanti di update lg deh

Lavender and Butterfly

My very first (and probably my last) tattoo. Why lavender ?  Because I love the smell.  I love the colour.  Lavender is pretty much the only plant that stays alive in my garden. It thrives in pretty much any weather with very little care. It lives with a big bunch of other lavenders but it can also lives on its own little bundle. It shows strength, and grace. Butterfly means beauty. Not just superficial beauty... but beauty after a storm. Beauty that was earned.  Like, after it went through struggles from a cocoon. Plus, you see butterfly (normally) in a great weather. Adds the beauty to the surroundings, like a balance in the universe.  Psalm 23:6 , is what I really resonate in my life.  That no matter what, no matter where, no matter how many bad decisions I’ve made.... God’s goodness and mercy is always with me. That I’m okay. That the God who made the universe loves me still.  That regardless how fucked up I am, His goodness and mercy is always wi...

A Wife's Heart

Postingan kali ini buat Andi. Feel so blessed beyond words punya suami kaya beliau. Walo banyak rese n nyebelinnya juga. He works really hard. I mean REALLY hard. I know I've complained about him being too busy, but lately he changed. Yes, dia masih sibuk banget di kantor. Yes, dia masih suka 'nyetrap' gw di mobil suru tunggu. Tapi I know that family is his top priority. The house is almost done. Andi spent hours last Sat and Sun buat bebersih rumah. Gw ga boleh ikut. "masih debuan banget" - gitu katanya. He knows Im allergic to dust and frankly, what can a pregnant woman possibly do? Ga mungkin juga kan gw ngangkat2 furniture. Naek tangga aja suka engap. Dapet laporan dari Otoy, Andi ngangkat2 barang ampe mukanya merah, ampe kringetan ngeces2... Gw tau dia pasti cape banget. Tapi begitu pulang he brought nothing but his big, warm smile. "Udah. Nanti gw sekali lagi kesana, finalize bersih2 - then you can come. Tuh gw beliin kelapa, mau diminum sekarang ga?...