Once a while when the day ends in less desirable conditions, I go mumbling to myself, mentally listing down all the things I could have done better.
In almost all situations I realize that the day didn't turn out so well because somewhere, at some point in time during the day, I made a compromise with myself and allowed the cynical confusions of what the world wants me to be take over myself.
Now I'm not idealist, and the knowledge that we don't live in a perfect world helps me make flexible choices.
You see I don't really like to lie, or kiss ass, or tell the donkey he's a horse, but alas, sometimes, a woman's got to do what a woman has to do.
For instance, can u really tell your in laws that their food tasted like an old shoes? Or can u really tell them that their make up are hideous and made them look like a crazy godzilla?
Once a while happens a lot these days. Just yesterday I declared to myself, 'Okay, whatever it is, I shall be very honest today.'. Very honest.
Like it's an important principle I just cannot bent, no matter what.
Can you really put a descriptive adjective to the word 'honest'? I mean after all, either you're honest or you're not, you can't very well be 'somewhat' honest,' or 'quite' honest.
Just how honest can an honest man be, anyway?
The moment the words fell out of my mind I just realized how sinfully well I've treaded the path of the rat-racer.
How well I've played the cards dealt to me, and how disgustingly cunning of a fox I've become, to the point that I've blurred the path being that shrewed minx and the idealistic mother who wants to build a perfect world for her girl to grow up in.
Honest, somewhat honest, very honest, does it matter?
At the end of the day, the verdict's out.
We've all failed in our quest to create the ideal world, because, at some point in time, someone makes the choice to compromise.
And that, has made all the difference.
In almost all situations I realize that the day didn't turn out so well because somewhere, at some point in time during the day, I made a compromise with myself and allowed the cynical confusions of what the world wants me to be take over myself.
Now I'm not idealist, and the knowledge that we don't live in a perfect world helps me make flexible choices.
You see I don't really like to lie, or kiss ass, or tell the donkey he's a horse, but alas, sometimes, a woman's got to do what a woman has to do.
For instance, can u really tell your in laws that their food tasted like an old shoes? Or can u really tell them that their make up are hideous and made them look like a crazy godzilla?
Once a while happens a lot these days. Just yesterday I declared to myself, 'Okay, whatever it is, I shall be very honest today.'. Very honest.
Like it's an important principle I just cannot bent, no matter what.
Can you really put a descriptive adjective to the word 'honest'? I mean after all, either you're honest or you're not, you can't very well be 'somewhat' honest,' or 'quite' honest.
Just how honest can an honest man be, anyway?
The moment the words fell out of my mind I just realized how sinfully well I've treaded the path of the rat-racer.
How well I've played the cards dealt to me, and how disgustingly cunning of a fox I've become, to the point that I've blurred the path being that shrewed minx and the idealistic mother who wants to build a perfect world for her girl to grow up in.
Honest, somewhat honest, very honest, does it matter?
At the end of the day, the verdict's out.
We've all failed in our quest to create the ideal world, because, at some point in time, someone makes the choice to compromise.
And that, has made all the difference.
Comments