Yep.
Stranded in Auckland all alone.
This was supposed to be just a day trip, initial plan was to get into Auckland at 1 pm, attend Eka's wedding and head back home to Wellington at 7 pm.
Unfortunately, all Wellington flights were canceled due to severe wind.
So me being me, I dont wanna spend the night at my friends'. I went to a motel near the airport instead. Adi went all the way to the airport last night, but I chose the motel.
Pretty sure Eka will come get me if I make one phone call.
Not that I dont value the friendships, it's just that it's gonna be too much hassle for them. They have to work in the morning and I dont want to intervene with their schedules. It's just me. I have my reasons.
So here I am, wearing the exact same clothes and underwear (thank God for panty liners and disposable undies!).
This thing make me realize one thing and one thing only. It all comes down to family. All I want right now, is to be home in Wellington at our rental property with Andi and Onya.
Yes. After spending few hours in the city... I realize that Auckland isn't home anymore. My heart belongs to Wellington, even with all its natural challenges (earthquakes, winds, storms)... Im a Wellingtonian at heart. Auckland is just too crowded for me. I was never a city girl.
I suppose to hop on the 17:10pm flight today. Im praying there will be no more delay nor cancelation.
Stranded in Auckland all alone.
This was supposed to be just a day trip, initial plan was to get into Auckland at 1 pm, attend Eka's wedding and head back home to Wellington at 7 pm.
Unfortunately, all Wellington flights were canceled due to severe wind.
So me being me, I dont wanna spend the night at my friends'. I went to a motel near the airport instead. Adi went all the way to the airport last night, but I chose the motel.
Pretty sure Eka will come get me if I make one phone call.
Not that I dont value the friendships, it's just that it's gonna be too much hassle for them. They have to work in the morning and I dont want to intervene with their schedules. It's just me. I have my reasons.
So here I am, wearing the exact same clothes and underwear (thank God for panty liners and disposable undies!).
This thing make me realize one thing and one thing only. It all comes down to family. All I want right now, is to be home in Wellington at our rental property with Andi and Onya.
Yes. After spending few hours in the city... I realize that Auckland isn't home anymore. My heart belongs to Wellington, even with all its natural challenges (earthquakes, winds, storms)... Im a Wellingtonian at heart. Auckland is just too crowded for me. I was never a city girl.
I suppose to hop on the 17:10pm flight today. Im praying there will be no more delay nor cancelation.





Comments