Disappointed. Very.
Few months ago, gw liat instagramnya a famous pastor yg gw follow.
Someone I looked up to.
She uploaded photo of a fancy restaurant (which is totally okay, pastors are allowed to be rich).
Yg bikin ga okay itu menunya.
She ate Foie Gras!!
It is one of the most controversial food which involves cruelty to the ducks.
And today, one of the other pastor's kid was posing with a riffle and the tags says something like "learn to hunt birds"
What made them (the parents especially) think that it's okay to kill innocent birds??
Beneran ga ngertiii dan ga pengen ngerti juga si.
I know I sound so judgemental, but it really hurts me seeing those photos.
Beneran sampe deg2-an n ati gw sampe nyuuuuuttt gitu rasanya.
I dont mind fancy meals.
Really i dont. But I do mind animal cruelty.
Gw emang bukan aktivis.
Im not the one out on the street rescuing stray animals.
Heck Im not even a vegetarian!
I still kill bugs when they enter my house.
Gua ga munafik ko. Try not to lah at least. Beneeer!
I still eat meat.
Ga bisa kalo disuru jadi vegetarian. As much as I want to.
Tapi Im trying the best that I can.
The best that I know how.
The best in my power and ability.
.... By not eating food yg udah melek2 dibikin dari unnecesary torture n cruelty of the animals.
.... By NOT condoning my kid to go around hunting n killing animals just for the sake of hunting them and having fun with a riffle!
.... By never ever ever ever EVER gonna watch animal circus
.... By teaching my kid to respect any living beings. Humans, animals, plants.
This is why we refer to Pippy as Onya's "pet-sister". She is not "just" animal/dog.
O yes si Pippy punya banyaaakk boundaries di rumah, ofcourse dia ga sama ama kita manusia. We are still her pack leader, gw still tereakin dia kalo dia bengal, masi disetrap, diomelin, disebelin kalo lg rese. Tapi we will never abuse her.
Intinya si cuma satu.
Unnecessary killings and/or tortures in any form is simply: not right.
So famous people, please remember that you have literally millions of followers around the world and I know you can never pleased everybody, but please at least try to be smart of the obvious. Dont be ignorant.
Teach the next generation to respect the earth, coz really, it's the only one we've got.
Comments