Skip to main content

Me-Time

Lagi having a me-time at Starbucks.
Husband and kid are just across the street watching The Wiggles show.

The reason why I just bought 2 tickets is simply because it's quite pricey 😁

Anyway, the theatre is full, jammed, packed with kids! Mostly under 5s and bahkan unde 3s. Mabok gw liat bocah banyak banget ahahaha.

And so! It's 10:17 in the morning and I feel good. Weather is extremely good too today. For the first time in 10 months, we go out with short and tshirt and NO jacket. So yap. Feel good just basking in the sun. Something we took for granted back in Jakarta.

My heart is full of gratitude deh. Life here is... Simple. Bener deh. Simple. Ga neko2. Ga kebut2an pingin beli Gucci or Kate Spade. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just that... Well, ga tau juga gimana jelasinnya.

Somehow branded things aren't really matter anymore here. Gw lebih concern ke spending money buat beliin Onya sepeda n helmet yg kualitinya bagus dibanding mikirin tas or dompet merk apa.

Lebih mikir Andi yg lagi ngegriyeng mo beli sepeda supaya dia bisa bike to work. *akibat disetan2in temen kantornya*..... Im not against biking to work. Cuma... Hmm.... Jauh boookk. Mana jalanan welli kan bukit2 gitu. Belon lagi Andi can be so ignorant sometimes. Gw takut dia ga ati2

Lebih mikir gimana supaya bisa make the most of my time, how can I be a good wife and mom plus be able to give back to the community at the same time.

Lebih ngeliat kalo masa depan itu not as scary and not as difficult. Ofcoz gw masih punya dreams and ambitions, tp ati teh jauuuh lebi tenang skrg. Gw ngebayangin nanti 1,5 taun lagi Onya can literally walk to her primary school.

Kemaren jemput dia di skul, udah seminggu ini saban dijemput tu anak pasti lagi berkelieran nyeker ga pake sepatu. Santai banget. Liat dia getting so comfortable di skul really warms my heart.

Intinya, people are more... Humans here. They put less facade outside.

We focus more on the things that really matter here.

There is no need to think about cari jalan yg less macet. No need to think about banjir. No need to think about uang pangkal sekolah yg berjeti2. No need to think about demo2 buruh...
Tapi yaaa no need to think about mo masak apa juga! Ahahaha. Teteplah indo ada plus pointnya (dikit)

The only thing yg still bugs me some times itu soal rumah. It's huuuggee leap. Buying a house yg nominalnya 20x more expensive dibanding pas kita beli rumah yg di THI. It's a scary step, honestly. Then again, as I said on my earlier post... It is only by grace alone we are able to do that.
Amazed. Banget.

Tapi if it is God's will, He will pay the bills hahaha.

Last Wednesday gw anterin Andi and Onya nonton their first football match. World cup qualifier between NZ and Mexico (eh? Apa brazil ya?).
Agaiin, I was made amazed.

We arrived like 15 mnts before the game... Di jalan org udah berbondong2 jalan dr segala penjuru ke arah stadion. Mostly pake juju putih, dukung nz dooong. The All Whites! Onya jg gw dandanin pake juju n celana putih.
Anyway, yg bikin amazed... Sama sekali GAK macet booo! Cuma bener2 paling kesendat 2 mnt pas depan stadion.
Ofcourse, cari parkir susah ya. Tapi gak sesusah itu. Dapet2 aja walo rada jauh.

Di stadion juga Andi bilang pas team lawan nyanyi lagu kebangsaannya, org2 kiwi pada tepok tangan pas mereka kelar nyanyi in respect.
Tertiiiiibbb banget. Kebayang ga 37 ribu orang masuk n seated within 15 mnts and the game start on time.

Ga ada feeling terintimidasi or takut rusuh. NZ ended up losing and gak masuk piala dunia dong hahaha. Tp really, beneran winning is not really the goal here. It's the unity that moves us.

Itu one thing crossed from Andi's bucket list tu. Dia dr dulu selalu punya impian he wanted to take his daughter to a live football game, supporting our home-team.

Do u really think we can do that di jakarta? Like, seriously... Taking ur 3 yr old girl to GBK and cheering for jak mania?? Yg bener ajeee... Ampe budek conge'an juga ga bakal. Ngeliat supporternya aja serem.

Bukan niat ngejelek2in Indo mulu. I know it gets annoying after some time. Ini benernya lebih ke nulis about how grateful I am being here sih.

Anyway... The show is almost over and gw kebelet pipis. Talk to u later blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List

Yep. Been hearing a lot about people dropped dead suddenly. Mulai dari si Adjie Masaid, babenya si Joshua, then just now Emma's friend juga Dadaism died of heart attack. She was 29 years old, just got ,arrayed last October. Life is so fragile. That's why I really hate Andi each time I have to remind him over and over again about healthy lifestyle. Anyway, decided to make a bucket list for myself. 1. Back to NZ 2. Sky dive 3. Vacation to Russia 4. Having more than enough funds for Onya to pursue her degree in England, Oxford University preferably :) 5. Ngeliat Andi punya bodi keren 6. Buying a house for my parents 7. Karet tengsin dijual Hmmm....... Belon kepikiran yg lawn. Nanti di update lg deh

Pippy

We have a new addition in the family. We adopted a Jack Russell from SPCA.  Kenapa anjing? Karena seumur idup gua, for as long as I can remember, gua selalu punya anjing. Bukan cuma sekedar "miara" loh, tapi yg bener2 part of the family.  Yg paling membekas itu tentu aja Piko ama Picca my last two dogs.  Kakah died when I was about 5 months pregnant with Onya. Jadi Onya sama sekali ga sempet ketemu my dogs.  Makin kesini gw makin yakin, kalo animals play an important role in kids life (at least di idup gw lah). They learn about responsibility, caring and most importantly compassion. I wanna give a chance buat Onya ngerasain apa yg gw rasain ke Piko n Kakah. The gift of unconditional friendship they gave... And how u learn to love them too.  Kenapa adopt? Karena saya ini agak2 idealis tapi realistis. I love animals. Dogs especially.  Idealis karena gw mau do the right thing YG GW BISA. Realistis karena, as much I want to.... Gw ga akan sanggup kl disuru jadi...

Another Random Post

It is perhaps a monumental probability that I've simply forgotten what has kept me here. Or evidently, what I have fought so hard for. What wind could be so strong, it banishes hundreds of acres of oaks, yet still ever so gentle enough to persuade even the most delicate of buds to move with, barely, an inch-long effort. My God, seeing kunyuk with that robe triggered something inside. I miss her. I know she'd worked soooo hard to be where she is now. I miss those moments. Though I must admit, maybe, just maybe... Im not running for the same dream anymore. The passion still there, ... it's just become a smaller part of me. Could I have waited this long, and demolished five full years of emotional barricade? Nah. I've walked too far to even think of steeping back. What faith could have, so morbidly, left my judgement impaired? The first scar may be the deepest, but a scar is a scar. ... and one left to bleed without stitches is bound to come undone. Tapi guess what? Im hea...