I miss her tonight.
I know we dont always text each other, but when we do... we picked up where we left of.
I was looking at my old diary, there were so many stories about her.
She's one of the most influential people in my life. I look up sooo much to her.
Sampe saat ini, she still amazes me.
The one person yg bener2 live the life of faith. Someone who walks the talk.
Malem ini dadakan kangen.
Udah lamaaaa banget ga jadi "anak kecil" yg care-free, yg dinasehatin.
Kayanya uda lamaaa banget gw selalu di posisi yg "memberi nasehat" or "dicurhatin", jadi "tong sampah" orang.
I dont mind, really. Cuma bagian ga enaknya jadi tong sampah, kalo orangnya udah ga pegang sampah, ya tong nya ditinggalin.
Tong sampah itu biasanya ga dilirik, ga diikut sertakan or ga pernah diomongin kalo lg ga butuh. Keliatan lah dari berapa ratus blogpost or fb status or twitter or instagram seseorang apa yg dianggap penting.
Eh ko ngelantur?
Anyway, I miss "curhat" and "diberi nasehat", I miss her hugs.
I miss Soo Lan: my Malaysian-mom, my mentor, my comrade,.... my friend.
I miss her so bad.
Kangeeeeeeennnn banget sama gaya drivingnya yg "cewe" banget alias ugal2-an.
Last time I saw her was in 2006 when she came to my wedding.
She ALWAYS know what to say.
She knows when to push me, when to scold me, when to be quiet and let me rants, when to give me her shoulder, when to hug me. God I miss her hugs!
At 52 years old, she is one heck of a lady. Relentless. Still going strong in every direction.
Chatting with her now, and my tears are flowing. See! I told you she always know which button to push.
Damn I miss her.
I miss being mentored.
Miss being the "kid".
And as always, I feel much better after talking to her.
Feels like a layer of burden has been lifted off my shoulder.
Thank you madam.
Thanks God, for sending her into my life.
I may not be a social butterfly, I may be an accute introvert, but I know I have life-long friends. I know this one is here to stay. I feel so blessed, so grateful.
Comments