Skip to main content

Post-Hospital (Late Post)

Thursday, 15/12/16

I stayed at home whole day yesterday. Practically my first full day at home after a week in the hospital.

Still wasn't feeling great. 
For once, I let Onya watch TV for couple hours. It's her first day of school holiday anyway, and I literally had no energy to play with her as usual. 
So I cut us some slack. 
I let her watch all her series, and I just laid on the couch watching with her.

I fixed her breakfast and lunch. Prepared some snacks, and continue to be a couch potato. 

Onya did have a break from TV though. I asked her to write a card for her friend Soairse who is battling cancer. 

She drew a couple pictures too. She asked me whether Omar can come over and play. I said no. I really, really wasn't feeling well yesterday. I don't think I can handle a playdate. 

Then she played with her dinosaurs. Then we watched Disney's Dinosaur movies, where I get to close my eyes for 10 minutes trying to ease the headache. Then I had a diclofenac to ease the pain.

I feel for all the mothers (or fathers) who are not well physically. It's really not easy to tend to a kid when you're physically crooked. 

Onya is a big girl now. She can spend hours playing with her toys or arts. I can't imagine those with a toddler.... 

Andi came home at about 3:30pm.

Im feeling a lot better today. I took Onya for a playdate with Spencer. Went to town to have lunch. Went to Toyworld to buy a birthday present for Sonia's friend. Picked Andi up from work. Pumped petrol.

So yes. I feel better today. 

Onya's gonna have a playdate with Sara tomorrow, so that'll give me a couple hours to do my shopping for my indo trip.
-------------

Sunday, 18/12/16

Recovering from septicemia kidney infection is not easy. I got tired really fast. Kinda feel like my body betrays me. I have so many things to do, but I dont have the energy to do it.

Doc said I need to take it easy for atleast a couple of weeks, but time is running out. I literally have soooo many things to do, I dont even know where to start. 

I hate this feeling. Literally exhausted.
I wasn't expecting this at all, really. I thought it'd be just a couple of days..... but apparently it can take weeks for me to fully recover. 
Gallbladder surgery was soooo much better than this. 

Kinda funny if you think about it. Organ removal heals A LOT faster than wounded organ. 

Im trying my best to stay positive. I know this thing takes time to heal. I know I have to take it easy. I do. Sigh
-----------
Tue, 20/12/16

Went to work for few hours today. Tidying some stuff. I took Onya with me, and Im so grateful for her. Very, very well behaved. Ga ganggu sama sekali, asik colouring, drawing, dan dia minta diprint-in some math worksheet. 

Lovely banget ni anak... im so blessed. 

I keep reminding myself to take it easy. Quarterly reporting has started (again) and gw kanciong sih jujurnya. Like 85% of the people yg responsible sama each deliverable nya udah quit. Jd ga tau dah sapa yg bakal ngerjain tu report.

Dooh, jd mikir kerjaan lagii. I have to wake up in less than 3 hrs buat ke airport. Bless us. 
-----------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List

Yep. Been hearing a lot about people dropped dead suddenly. Mulai dari si Adjie Masaid, babenya si Joshua, then just now Emma's friend juga Dadaism died of heart attack. She was 29 years old, just got ,arrayed last October. Life is so fragile. That's why I really hate Andi each time I have to remind him over and over again about healthy lifestyle. Anyway, decided to make a bucket list for myself. 1. Back to NZ 2. Sky dive 3. Vacation to Russia 4. Having more than enough funds for Onya to pursue her degree in England, Oxford University preferably :) 5. Ngeliat Andi punya bodi keren 6. Buying a house for my parents 7. Karet tengsin dijual Hmmm....... Belon kepikiran yg lawn. Nanti di update lg deh

Lavender and Butterfly

My very first (and probably my last) tattoo. Why lavender ?  Because I love the smell.  I love the colour.  Lavender is pretty much the only plant that stays alive in my garden. It thrives in pretty much any weather with very little care. It lives with a big bunch of other lavenders but it can also lives on its own little bundle. It shows strength, and grace. Butterfly means beauty. Not just superficial beauty... but beauty after a storm. Beauty that was earned.  Like, after it went through struggles from a cocoon. Plus, you see butterfly (normally) in a great weather. Adds the beauty to the surroundings, like a balance in the universe.  Psalm 23:6 , is what I really resonate in my life.  That no matter what, no matter where, no matter how many bad decisions I’ve made.... God’s goodness and mercy is always with me. That I’m okay. That the God who made the universe loves me still.  That regardless how fucked up I am, His goodness and mercy is always wi...

A Wife's Heart

Postingan kali ini buat Andi. Feel so blessed beyond words punya suami kaya beliau. Walo banyak rese n nyebelinnya juga. He works really hard. I mean REALLY hard. I know I've complained about him being too busy, but lately he changed. Yes, dia masih sibuk banget di kantor. Yes, dia masih suka 'nyetrap' gw di mobil suru tunggu. Tapi I know that family is his top priority. The house is almost done. Andi spent hours last Sat and Sun buat bebersih rumah. Gw ga boleh ikut. "masih debuan banget" - gitu katanya. He knows Im allergic to dust and frankly, what can a pregnant woman possibly do? Ga mungkin juga kan gw ngangkat2 furniture. Naek tangga aja suka engap. Dapet laporan dari Otoy, Andi ngangkat2 barang ampe mukanya merah, ampe kringetan ngeces2... Gw tau dia pasti cape banget. Tapi begitu pulang he brought nothing but his big, warm smile. "Udah. Nanti gw sekali lagi kesana, finalize bersih2 - then you can come. Tuh gw beliin kelapa, mau diminum sekarang ga?...