Skip to main content

Random Thoughts

Was intending to write something light tonight,
but my mind has drifted far deeper than just 'light'.

Many things had happened these last 5 weeks,
and I guess today is one of those moments when I put my thinking-cap on.
So it's gonna be one of those loooong posts.

Let's see....
------------------------------
On my last post, I said I really need some space.
Yep. I've built a wall so high that I wasn't letting anybody come near me.
I was a cranky bitch for a couple of weeks... until she pushed the button.

I saw it coming. I knew I couldn't take it anymore.
So on that one fine day in the car, I blew up.
Of course, me being me, there were so much tears and sobbing involved.
... but at least I conveyed the messege right out.

I felt better after.
------------------------------

Perfection.
... has become a profound word for me lately.
It bugs me.

Im beginning to resent the fact that reality comes delivered on a line drawn between me and perfection.
Not to say it's a sin to want to have things both ways - sure, we can all dream.. right?

Yet Im still fighting for that one, valid, excuse to be irrational sometimes.
I know... and I have accepted the very fact that life is a one-way street.
I guess conflicts give me a good enough reason to turn around and move on at the exact same moment.
So sue me.
Because I know it's okay to miss a few good things in life,
.... as long as the best is in your hands.
--------------------------------

Hopes, Dreams and Expectations

Im striving for an immaculate future... and it's not (always) good!!
Why? coz I've put way too much pressure on myself and on others!
I sweat over small, minute stuff.

I wonder when and how did I turn into an ambitious perfectionist.
I know what I want. I set my bar high.
I value things (and people I care abt) more than what others put a tag on.
I do the best.
I give the best.

... but sometimes it hit me when I found out that not everybody gives their best.
At the end, I end up to be the battered one.
I end up to be the one walking home cripled.

Is it alright to dream big dreams?

Yeah ... sometimes, I think Im chasing after something bigger than myself.
Bigger you know? Like, being part of something else beyond my self.
Whether it's in love, family, work and even in the way I play the piano (cliched as it might be),
or just ... anything, really.

I want to see something beyond me,
something I can step up to,
something I can aspire to.

Does that make sense?
Maybe.
Maybe to the people who feel inadequate like me.

But it is the aspiration that makes us bigger than ourselves,
... that make us want to reach out, reach out beyond our meagre self.

This probably sounds dumb, but I grew up thinking I'd do something.
Not so much in a world-changing manner (of coz, I'd love to make this earth better to live in),
... but at least, in some way that meant something.
... meant something for me, and for others around me.. esp the ones I love.

Did I feel special?
Yes, sometimes.
I belive that Im here for a reason.
.. that there is a purpose meant for me to be here right now..
Well, probably everyone grew up feeling like this.
I thought I was going to mean something, in the smallest detail,
... yet in a way that it's all that matters... perhaps in my immediate sphere of influence.

But then again, from time to time,
.... gradually, imperceptibly, that feeling disappeared,
and I was (back to square one) thinking that Im just... a nobody.

Felt like this world is too big to conquer.

I just wanna be the better me.
Really.
---------------------------

(Finally!) The Lighter Side.

There's always be the first time for everything.
Today, first time I went to The Premiere EX and watched Music and Lyrics.
I love the movie, and ofcoz... love the seats!!!
Gw sukkkaa felem2 yg berbau2 musik and any musical instruments.
Hugh Grant is a brilliant actor... when he's not dancing in leather pants!!! *goosebumps*
---------------------------

Random Stuff

Im still praying for the palm-tree plantation deal.
In this negotiation all we need is what I called .... a God factor.
coz really, there's nothing we can do to make this work.
Only God and God alone can break this through.
"... if God is for us, then who can ever be against us?"

Surprisingly, it's a very very exciting journey.
My faith is being stretch.
I pray that God will enlarge the capacity of my heart.

Pokonya do the right thing and keep doing it.
.. tinggal tunggu waktu aja pintu2 akan dibuka lebar2 *amin lu booo!!!*

Toodle-doos!

Comments

Anonymous said…
AMINNNNN........
ooohh my dear Lord....please please pleaseeeee.....we need your miracle.....pleaaaasssseeeee....

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List

Yep. Been hearing a lot about people dropped dead suddenly. Mulai dari si Adjie Masaid, babenya si Joshua, then just now Emma's friend juga Dadaism died of heart attack. She was 29 years old, just got ,arrayed last October. Life is so fragile. That's why I really hate Andi each time I have to remind him over and over again about healthy lifestyle. Anyway, decided to make a bucket list for myself. 1. Back to NZ 2. Sky dive 3. Vacation to Russia 4. Having more than enough funds for Onya to pursue her degree in England, Oxford University preferably :) 5. Ngeliat Andi punya bodi keren 6. Buying a house for my parents 7. Karet tengsin dijual Hmmm....... Belon kepikiran yg lawn. Nanti di update lg deh

Lavender and Butterfly

My very first (and probably my last) tattoo. Why lavender ?  Because I love the smell.  I love the colour.  Lavender is pretty much the only plant that stays alive in my garden. It thrives in pretty much any weather with very little care. It lives with a big bunch of other lavenders but it can also lives on its own little bundle. It shows strength, and grace. Butterfly means beauty. Not just superficial beauty... but beauty after a storm. Beauty that was earned.  Like, after it went through struggles from a cocoon. Plus, you see butterfly (normally) in a great weather. Adds the beauty to the surroundings, like a balance in the universe.  Psalm 23:6 , is what I really resonate in my life.  That no matter what, no matter where, no matter how many bad decisions I’ve made.... God’s goodness and mercy is always with me. That I’m okay. That the God who made the universe loves me still.  That regardless how fucked up I am, His goodness and mercy is always wi...

A Wife's Heart

Postingan kali ini buat Andi. Feel so blessed beyond words punya suami kaya beliau. Walo banyak rese n nyebelinnya juga. He works really hard. I mean REALLY hard. I know I've complained about him being too busy, but lately he changed. Yes, dia masih sibuk banget di kantor. Yes, dia masih suka 'nyetrap' gw di mobil suru tunggu. Tapi I know that family is his top priority. The house is almost done. Andi spent hours last Sat and Sun buat bebersih rumah. Gw ga boleh ikut. "masih debuan banget" - gitu katanya. He knows Im allergic to dust and frankly, what can a pregnant woman possibly do? Ga mungkin juga kan gw ngangkat2 furniture. Naek tangga aja suka engap. Dapet laporan dari Otoy, Andi ngangkat2 barang ampe mukanya merah, ampe kringetan ngeces2... Gw tau dia pasti cape banget. Tapi begitu pulang he brought nothing but his big, warm smile. "Udah. Nanti gw sekali lagi kesana, finalize bersih2 - then you can come. Tuh gw beliin kelapa, mau diminum sekarang ga?...