I didn't just realized that we're already approaching the sixth month of 2008.
I didn't just realized that time has really flown,
and I didn't just realized that Im already past those teenage angsty years.
Yep, I past all that, even though I sometimes tend to behave like one.
I was having lunch with my mother few days ago,
and I saw a bunch of kids in SMU uniforms.
They're the oldest seniors at school (coz they were talking about UAS),
... and at the verge of entering adulthood.
You've got to give credit to them for this.
But they're rather over-zealous when it comes to 'maturity'.
They're not really matured,
... but they're so eager to exert seniority that it becomes quite hilarious.
It doesn't really help that they've just got their passports to do many things,
for instance, drive, drink, go clubbing legally.
It gets even worse if they're born to better-to-do families,
.... they own their own cars, and even if they dont have license yet,
it isn't much of a hindrance anyway.
They're at the verge of breaking into society,
and nothing, really, nothing can stop them.
Can you really blame them for being so cocky?
The truth is, they're at a point in life where anything, yes, anything can go wrong.
I had a friend in class once who disappeared from school one day.
They said she got pregnant.
I had a friend in junior high, found dead in a river.
.. swept away by waters just few months after graduation.
Rumours said that he was killed.
About five years ago,
A friend was on the way to buy a phone-card when he got caught in a car accident.
He died on the way to the hospital.
The day of his death, I remember sitting in my room talking with a friend.
We talked about how bouncy the boy was when he was once alive.
My dog died last December.
Then last week, one of my mother's friend was found dead in his bedroom.
He died of a heart attack.
Then a couple of days ago, my grandmother's sister died too.
So yes. Life is so fragile.
I was there once.
Now, 'was'.
Im not too sure if the past tense is entirely applicable here.
Aren't we always at points in life where anything can go wrong?
It's scary isn't it, when you think about life, and chances,
... and how God may decide to take you Home one day?
I don't know whether Im supposed to feel very lucky that Im still here today,
or that Im here to find out more things whenever I reach an 'anything-may-go-wrong' point in life.
Some things in life,
you have no control of it. Really.
Life and death are simply God's define right.
whether you like it or not.
It is His prerogative.
Honestly, Im scared.
Im not afraid of dying...
Im afraid of losing someone I love.
However, I trust God.
Aku masih belajar kok.
... dan ga akan pernah berenti belajar.
Where I am now,
.... having what little experience I have,
I can vouch that if you are sitting right there, able to read this,
it wasn't easy getting where you are right now.
I didn't just realized that we're already approaching the sixth month of 2008.
I didn't just realized that time has really flown,
and I didn't just realized that Im already past those teenage angsty years.
Yep, I past all that, even though I sometimes tend to behave like one.
I was having lunch with my mother few days ago,
and I saw a bunch of kids in SMU uniforms.
They're the oldest seniors at school (coz they were talking about UAS),
... and at the verge of entering adulthood.
You've got to give credit to them for this.
But they're rather over-zealous when it comes to 'maturity'.
They're not really matured,
... but they're so eager to exert seniority that it becomes quite hilarious.
It doesn't really help that they've just got their passports to do many things,
for instance, drive, drink, go clubbing legally.
It gets even worse if they're born to better-to-do families,
.... they own their own cars, and even if they dont have license yet,
it isn't much of a hindrance anyway.
They're at the verge of breaking into society,
and nothing, really, nothing can stop them.
Can you really blame them for being so cocky?
The truth is, they're at a point in life where anything, yes, anything can go wrong.
I had a friend in class once who disappeared from school one day.
They said she got pregnant.
I had a friend in junior high, found dead in a river.
.. swept away by waters just few months after graduation.
Rumours said that he was killed.
About five years ago,
A friend was on the way to buy a phone-card when he got caught in a car accident.
He died on the way to the hospital.
The day of his death, I remember sitting in my room talking with a friend.
We talked about how bouncy the boy was when he was once alive.
My dog died last December.
Then last week, one of my mother's friend was found dead in his bedroom.
He died of a heart attack.
Then a couple of days ago, my grandmother's sister died too.
So yes. Life is so fragile.
I was there once.
Now, 'was'.
Im not too sure if the past tense is entirely applicable here.
Aren't we always at points in life where anything can go wrong?
It's scary isn't it, when you think about life, and chances,
... and how God may decide to take you Home one day?
I don't know whether Im supposed to feel very lucky that Im still here today,
or that Im here to find out more things whenever I reach an 'anything-may-go-wrong' point in life.
Some things in life,
you have no control of it. Really.
Life and death are simply God's define right.
whether you like it or not.
It is His prerogative.
Honestly, Im scared.
Im not afraid of dying...
Im afraid of losing someone I love.
However, I trust God.
Aku masih belajar kok.
... dan ga akan pernah berenti belajar.
Where I am now,
.... having what little experience I have,
I can vouch that if you are sitting right there, able to read this,
it wasn't easy getting where you are right now.
Comments