Skip to main content

At 30 Weeks

While most people finds out the gender of their baby as early as 12 weeks,
Andi and I had to wait until almost 30 weeks.

Last Saturday, May 1 2010, Baby S. finally revealed the gender.

We are having a GIRL!
We haven't really 100% firmed with the name.
.. but so far, we've been calling her Sonia :)
(the father insists!)

Was kinda shocked, coz somehow I always felt that I'd be having a boy.
Honestly, it took me some times to embrace the fact.
We are so NOT rejecting Baby S.
We just need to re-adjust our mindset :)

Now Im really looking forward to see my little girl.

Yes, ofcourse, there are worries as a first time parent.
How am I gonna bathe her as a newborn?
How am I gonna deal with baby blues (if any?)
How am I gonna keep her warm at night? (Im such a pinguin! I used 2, 16 degree ACs at the same time)

And now that I know she's a girl,
How am I gonna raise her?
How am I gonna dress her?
How am I gonna tell her about menstruation?
How am I gonna protect her?
How am I gonna deal with people comparing her with my niece?
How am I gonna tell her about sex?
How, how, how, how, how, how, how??

I think about all sort of things.
Andi and I talked quite a lot about our concerns,
and it only gets better.

We are sooo not perfect.
... but we believe that we're gonna do our best and it's gonna be alright.

God has been more than just good to us.
He's been there all along.
Aku masih percaya hal itu. Dan akan terus percaya.
His blessings are more than great.
Not only He bless us financially, He cares about my physical concerns too.
(lame, I know)

I have a very easy pregnancy so far,
I have no problem with weight gain (every women's fear)
I have no stretch marks at all.
I have no morning sickness.
I have no swollen feet.
I have no gigantic belly.. just nice :)
.. My belly button hasn't even pop out yet.
*left alone my keloid yeee!*

To me, being pregnant and actually have a living being inside of me is a tremendous miracle.

Every day for the last 30 weeks (well,25 weeks as we found out about the pregnancy when Im on week 5),
We got used to speaking to this little miracle growing inside of me.

In the day,
I took my meals extremely consciously,
I took my vitamins religiously,
and each day as I went about my everyday routines,
the feeling of little Sonia moving inside me always left me breathless.

In the nights,
Andi would snap out our newly purchased story books,
and we would have a little story-reading time.

We would close our nights around 10.30 pm,
where Andi would read a paragraph from the bible to my belly,
and tell our little miracle of our hopes and dreams for her,
lay hands, pray for her and for our family.
and then dozing off.

Some nights, the nights can be long and weary,
since it was difficult for me to find a proper position.
Especially these couple of days when I felt Sonia is getting big so fast.

Such was pregnancy to us,
a total-life changing experience,
.. that set the two of us off into a whole new routine of life for nine months or so.

Dear God,

This journey can be scary at times.
The roads are long, and we dont know where it'll lead us.
Through it all, please hold our hands and walk us through.
Give us wisdom to raise this child with the right values.
When we can't see your hands, help us to know your heart.

Amiiin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List

Yep. Been hearing a lot about people dropped dead suddenly. Mulai dari si Adjie Masaid, babenya si Joshua, then just now Emma's friend juga Dadaism died of heart attack. She was 29 years old, just got ,arrayed last October. Life is so fragile. That's why I really hate Andi each time I have to remind him over and over again about healthy lifestyle. Anyway, decided to make a bucket list for myself. 1. Back to NZ 2. Sky dive 3. Vacation to Russia 4. Having more than enough funds for Onya to pursue her degree in England, Oxford University preferably :) 5. Ngeliat Andi punya bodi keren 6. Buying a house for my parents 7. Karet tengsin dijual Hmmm....... Belon kepikiran yg lawn. Nanti di update lg deh

Lavender and Butterfly

My very first (and probably my last) tattoo. Why lavender ?  Because I love the smell.  I love the colour.  Lavender is pretty much the only plant that stays alive in my garden. It thrives in pretty much any weather with very little care. It lives with a big bunch of other lavenders but it can also lives on its own little bundle. It shows strength, and grace. Butterfly means beauty. Not just superficial beauty... but beauty after a storm. Beauty that was earned.  Like, after it went through struggles from a cocoon. Plus, you see butterfly (normally) in a great weather. Adds the beauty to the surroundings, like a balance in the universe.  Psalm 23:6 , is what I really resonate in my life.  That no matter what, no matter where, no matter how many bad decisions I’ve made.... God’s goodness and mercy is always with me. That I’m okay. That the God who made the universe loves me still.  That regardless how fucked up I am, His goodness and mercy is always wi...

A Wife's Heart

Postingan kali ini buat Andi. Feel so blessed beyond words punya suami kaya beliau. Walo banyak rese n nyebelinnya juga. He works really hard. I mean REALLY hard. I know I've complained about him being too busy, but lately he changed. Yes, dia masih sibuk banget di kantor. Yes, dia masih suka 'nyetrap' gw di mobil suru tunggu. Tapi I know that family is his top priority. The house is almost done. Andi spent hours last Sat and Sun buat bebersih rumah. Gw ga boleh ikut. "masih debuan banget" - gitu katanya. He knows Im allergic to dust and frankly, what can a pregnant woman possibly do? Ga mungkin juga kan gw ngangkat2 furniture. Naek tangga aja suka engap. Dapet laporan dari Otoy, Andi ngangkat2 barang ampe mukanya merah, ampe kringetan ngeces2... Gw tau dia pasti cape banget. Tapi begitu pulang he brought nothing but his big, warm smile. "Udah. Nanti gw sekali lagi kesana, finalize bersih2 - then you can come. Tuh gw beliin kelapa, mau diminum sekarang ga?...