Wise person once said that if you feel scared,
writing down your fears will turn them into conceptual words,
and then when you look at them straight in the eye,
they'll slowly fade away as figments of your imagination,
... allowing you to emerge renewed, strong and courageous.
Im almost 33 weeks pregnant.
My estimated delivery date is 4-5 weeks away and pardon me, but I am scared stiff!
Therefore, Im going to do what that wise person said,
... and put down a list of things that I'm fearful of:
• That I cant take the pain and I'll pass out.
• That baby's head is too big for the birth canal and I have to go into a C-section.
• That the sight of the epidural needle, should I have to take one, will make me pass out
• That Im halfway from somewhere when birth contractions hit me
• That Im at the malls when my water breaks and create shameful drama!
• That Im in the office when my water breaks
• That I go beyond 40 weeks
• That baby doesn't want to drink my milk
• That I dont have milk coming out of my boops!
• That baby cries a lot at night (inevitable kayanya)
• That I'll look hideous during delivery and Andi takes a photo of me and facebooks it
• That I'll poop during the delivery, and it hits the doctor's face (this is a real, real fear, ok?)
• That I'll tear badly
• That my cervix takes forever to dilate
• That baby looks like a Na'vi in Avatar (choy!!!)
Let me see.
…...
...........
I still feel scared!!
writing down your fears will turn them into conceptual words,
and then when you look at them straight in the eye,
they'll slowly fade away as figments of your imagination,
... allowing you to emerge renewed, strong and courageous.
Im almost 33 weeks pregnant.
My estimated delivery date is 4-5 weeks away and pardon me, but I am scared stiff!
Therefore, Im going to do what that wise person said,
... and put down a list of things that I'm fearful of:
• That I cant take the pain and I'll pass out.
• That baby's head is too big for the birth canal and I have to go into a C-section.
• That the sight of the epidural needle, should I have to take one, will make me pass out
• That Im halfway from somewhere when birth contractions hit me
• That Im at the malls when my water breaks and create shameful drama!
• That Im in the office when my water breaks
• That I go beyond 40 weeks
• That baby doesn't want to drink my milk
• That I dont have milk coming out of my boops!
• That baby cries a lot at night (inevitable kayanya)
• That I'll look hideous during delivery and Andi takes a photo of me and facebooks it
• That I'll poop during the delivery, and it hits the doctor's face (this is a real, real fear, ok?)
• That I'll tear badly
• That my cervix takes forever to dilate
• That baby looks like a Na'vi in Avatar (choy!!!)
Let me see.
…...
...........
I still feel scared!!
Comments