About Jakarta Praise Community Church
So blessed that JPCC is my home church.
After a long search of finding a church, I finally found one that I can really called home.
I finally found a church who dropped all the formalities, dropped all the suit and tie, and dare to be who they really are.
Pastors are so cool.
They wear torn jeans, t-shirt and Jose even danced like Justin Timberlake on the pulpit!!
We dont have service this Sunday, December 31st.
Reason? they gave holiday for the full-time workers so they can spend time with their family.
Now, which church would do that??
Bukannya natal n taon baru justru saat2 dimana kebanyakan gereja lomba2-an bikin perayaan gede2an?
They said the full-time workers have been working all year long,
Monday - Friday 9-5.
Saturday they have conferences and Sunday they have 4 church services.
They don't really have time to be with their family.
So, from 25 Dec - 6 Jan is a holiday for them.
Fair enough.
Ga terikat formalitas.
They really think outside the box.
Christmas celebration last Sunday was so simple yet so meaningful.
Sermon lasted for like ... ummm, 15 minutes.
The rest was just short drama and short testimonies.
Hari ginii?? di Indo?
Gereja yg berani tampil beda tanpa peduli sama formalitas tuh jaraaang banget!
And they dont distribute offering bags at all. So kalo mo ngasih ya kasih sendiri, ada kotak dipinggir.
Jadi kalo emang mo ngasih ya coz emang bener2 mo ngasih. Bukan sekedar karena diedarin kantong persembahan.
Ga heran jemaatnya ngebludak.
Funny... first time I met Jeffrey Rachmat di Auckland, di acara retretnya anak2 HOP.
I hate him sooo much!
Logat inggris-indo nya, cara dia ngomong.. pokonya I hate every single thing abt him.
Tapi ternyata pas kenal orangnya personally... maan, he's a good guy.
He has vision.
And I can really identify with his past.
We shared the same experiences.
So blessed, blessed blessed blessed.
Ok, ok... I think i've bragged so much about JPCC.
Can't help it! Just need to get it out of my system.
Really, it's only because Im so amazed and really it's so different from any other churches I've been to.
So blessed that JPCC is my home church.
After a long search of finding a church, I finally found one that I can really called home.
I finally found a church who dropped all the formalities, dropped all the suit and tie, and dare to be who they really are.
Pastors are so cool.
They wear torn jeans, t-shirt and Jose even danced like Justin Timberlake on the pulpit!!
We dont have service this Sunday, December 31st.
Reason? they gave holiday for the full-time workers so they can spend time with their family.
Now, which church would do that??
Bukannya natal n taon baru justru saat2 dimana kebanyakan gereja lomba2-an bikin perayaan gede2an?
They said the full-time workers have been working all year long,
Monday - Friday 9-5.
Saturday they have conferences and Sunday they have 4 church services.
They don't really have time to be with their family.
So, from 25 Dec - 6 Jan is a holiday for them.
Fair enough.
Ga terikat formalitas.
They really think outside the box.
Christmas celebration last Sunday was so simple yet so meaningful.
Sermon lasted for like ... ummm, 15 minutes.
The rest was just short drama and short testimonies.
Hari ginii?? di Indo?
Gereja yg berani tampil beda tanpa peduli sama formalitas tuh jaraaang banget!
And they dont distribute offering bags at all. So kalo mo ngasih ya kasih sendiri, ada kotak dipinggir.
Jadi kalo emang mo ngasih ya coz emang bener2 mo ngasih. Bukan sekedar karena diedarin kantong persembahan.
Ga heran jemaatnya ngebludak.
Funny... first time I met Jeffrey Rachmat di Auckland, di acara retretnya anak2 HOP.
I hate him sooo much!
Logat inggris-indo nya, cara dia ngomong.. pokonya I hate every single thing abt him.
Tapi ternyata pas kenal orangnya personally... maan, he's a good guy.
He has vision.
And I can really identify with his past.
We shared the same experiences.
So blessed, blessed blessed blessed.
Ok, ok... I think i've bragged so much about JPCC.
Can't help it! Just need to get it out of my system.
Really, it's only because Im so amazed and really it's so different from any other churches I've been to.
Comments