Because Life is One, Big Stage... and We're All Actors in Our Own Movies.
I lie awake beneath the familiar comfort of my big, blue quilt while the morning air greets me with fresh uncertainty. Uncertainty of what dreams may come to haunt me the next time I reverse my eyes to sleep.
Funny, isn't it?
How deja vus come to you as a reminder that somehow, you're never meant to be here.
but somehow.... somehow that sense of belonging you once missed, no longer floats in your ocean of doubts.
You know you'll get there somehow... someday, and that someday may not be that long.
Life doesn't always give you lemons to make lemonade.
You get to pick the tree, or harvest an entire garden yourself.
Choose how long you keep the fruits before you throw away the skin, or hang on to it forever - with the hope that time won't change anything but your age and wisdom.
Hope is never too far away, I guess.
Like a beacon of light that shines your way through the darkest days.
But it's only there if you choose to see it,
.... and disappears when your sense of judgment has somehow been overruled by sheer ignorance.
I choose to see. And I hope my vision never fades.
I lie awake beneath the familiar comfort of my big, blue quilt while the morning air greets me with fresh uncertainty. Uncertainty of what dreams may come to haunt me the next time I reverse my eyes to sleep.
Funny, isn't it?
How deja vus come to you as a reminder that somehow, you're never meant to be here.
but somehow.... somehow that sense of belonging you once missed, no longer floats in your ocean of doubts.
You know you'll get there somehow... someday, and that someday may not be that long.
Life doesn't always give you lemons to make lemonade.
You get to pick the tree, or harvest an entire garden yourself.
Choose how long you keep the fruits before you throw away the skin, or hang on to it forever - with the hope that time won't change anything but your age and wisdom.
Hope is never too far away, I guess.
Like a beacon of light that shines your way through the darkest days.
But it's only there if you choose to see it,
.... and disappears when your sense of judgment has somehow been overruled by sheer ignorance.
I choose to see. And I hope my vision never fades.
Comments