The world has a funny way of revolving.
It takes unassuming moments and turns them into timeless pictures.
.... And I just had one more taken this morning with a couple who didn’t care while I looked at them as they went on with their lives in complete darkness.
They were parents to two beautiful young children, a boy and a girl.
Both were preschoolers and today is their class excursion together with their parents.
The family of four didn’t enter the park.
They stayed behind in the canteen for their snack.
By pairs they approached the cashier to say their orders
... the young girl with his dad, the boy with his mom....
that was when my reality was shattered to my delight!
With their young brood as their guides,
the couple made their way to the concession stand and back to their tables to be served.
It was a case of the young leading the adult, the blind adult at that.
I had the urge to go introduce myself to the couple,
... and thank them for making me see through their disability.
but I didn’t.
Instead, I smiled at their young girl and she smiled back
It takes unassuming moments and turns them into timeless pictures.
.... And I just had one more taken this morning with a couple who didn’t care while I looked at them as they went on with their lives in complete darkness.
They were parents to two beautiful young children, a boy and a girl.
Both were preschoolers and today is their class excursion together with their parents.
The family of four didn’t enter the park.
They stayed behind in the canteen for their snack.
By pairs they approached the cashier to say their orders
... the young girl with his dad, the boy with his mom....
that was when my reality was shattered to my delight!
With their young brood as their guides,
the couple made their way to the concession stand and back to their tables to be served.
It was a case of the young leading the adult, the blind adult at that.
I had the urge to go introduce myself to the couple,
... and thank them for making me see through their disability.
but I didn’t.
Instead, I smiled at their young girl and she smiled back
Comments