Skip to main content

Post Surgery

Had my gallbladder removed on Monday. It went really well. 
I really was in good hands. 
The doc, anaesthesist, nurses were so helpful. 

Discharged was A LOT faster than public hospital.  Private is soooo much better :)

So I had the surgery at about 9:30 am. Was in an observation room for 2 hours. My o2 level was pretty low so they hooked me up with an O2 mask for almost 24 hours. 

Post surgery was fine. Until about 6 pm, the pain kicked in. I was a cry baby. I was sobbing and now I feel really embarrased! 

At about 3 am, they had to put a catheter :( because Mu bladder was full, but I couldn't get it out. They told me it was probably because of the anaesthesia. 

Now the other annoying side effect  for me: i have a super blur vision. As I typed this blog, I can barely see the letters. 

I remember having problem when I first had my endoscopy couple of months ago. This is very unpleasant. I kept blinking and trying to adjust my focus but it's still soooo blurry.

This photo probably look too gory for some people. But im gonna put it up here anyway for my future reference.


The top left and right was my gallbladder. Simon said my gallie is soooo small compares to others. He took it out and had a look at different part of my body.
Bottom right was where my appendix used to be (took it out when I was 9).

Im back home now, still sore and one of the wound where they put a tube is still leaking, but they said it's normal. 

This is the tube before they took it out yesterday. Maan!!! It was soooooo painful when they pulled that thing out!

Those lines aren't stretch marks, those are from the tape. 

And this is when Emily pulled it off. 

Overall, it wasn't too bad. The bag filled up quite fast, the nurse drained it twice in 6 hours.


I know I look hideous, but heeeyy at least im smiling. Unlike this below I was still under GA.


This blue blanket was soooo comfortable with heating pads all over. 



Intinya.... all the rest of my organs look ok kata Simon.  So hopefully this will settle everything. 

In terms of food.... i can thankfully say that I can eat pretty much anything and not feel nauseaus. So far I have no diarrhea. No more urine retention. All good. Just need to be patient to get rid of the soreness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List

Yep. Been hearing a lot about people dropped dead suddenly. Mulai dari si Adjie Masaid, babenya si Joshua, then just now Emma's friend juga Dadaism died of heart attack. She was 29 years old, just got ,arrayed last October. Life is so fragile. That's why I really hate Andi each time I have to remind him over and over again about healthy lifestyle. Anyway, decided to make a bucket list for myself. 1. Back to NZ 2. Sky dive 3. Vacation to Russia 4. Having more than enough funds for Onya to pursue her degree in England, Oxford University preferably :) 5. Ngeliat Andi punya bodi keren 6. Buying a house for my parents 7. Karet tengsin dijual Hmmm....... Belon kepikiran yg lawn. Nanti di update lg deh

Lavender and Butterfly

My very first (and probably my last) tattoo. Why lavender ?  Because I love the smell.  I love the colour.  Lavender is pretty much the only plant that stays alive in my garden. It thrives in pretty much any weather with very little care. It lives with a big bunch of other lavenders but it can also lives on its own little bundle. It shows strength, and grace. Butterfly means beauty. Not just superficial beauty... but beauty after a storm. Beauty that was earned.  Like, after it went through struggles from a cocoon. Plus, you see butterfly (normally) in a great weather. Adds the beauty to the surroundings, like a balance in the universe.  Psalm 23:6 , is what I really resonate in my life.  That no matter what, no matter where, no matter how many bad decisions I’ve made.... God’s goodness and mercy is always with me. That I’m okay. That the God who made the universe loves me still.  That regardless how fucked up I am, His goodness and mercy is always wi...

A Wife's Heart

Postingan kali ini buat Andi. Feel so blessed beyond words punya suami kaya beliau. Walo banyak rese n nyebelinnya juga. He works really hard. I mean REALLY hard. I know I've complained about him being too busy, but lately he changed. Yes, dia masih sibuk banget di kantor. Yes, dia masih suka 'nyetrap' gw di mobil suru tunggu. Tapi I know that family is his top priority. The house is almost done. Andi spent hours last Sat and Sun buat bebersih rumah. Gw ga boleh ikut. "masih debuan banget" - gitu katanya. He knows Im allergic to dust and frankly, what can a pregnant woman possibly do? Ga mungkin juga kan gw ngangkat2 furniture. Naek tangga aja suka engap. Dapet laporan dari Otoy, Andi ngangkat2 barang ampe mukanya merah, ampe kringetan ngeces2... Gw tau dia pasti cape banget. Tapi begitu pulang he brought nothing but his big, warm smile. "Udah. Nanti gw sekali lagi kesana, finalize bersih2 - then you can come. Tuh gw beliin kelapa, mau diminum sekarang ga?...