Skip to main content

Pre-Surgery

So the health journey isn't over yet, but I think we're getting closer to find the answer.

I had another endoscopy just a few days ago to check the ulcers.
Good thing is all ulcers healed up well.
I have no more ulcers in my tummy. Yay!


But the pain still there, and the liver test is still elevated.
This just doesn't add up to the equation.

Another good thing is, they may have found the 'real' culprit this time.

After numerous ultrasounds, scans, bloodtests, they finally found something definitive.

The HIDA scan showed no gallstones. It filled up really well.
BUT! It is not emptying properly. My gallbladder was only functioning at 32%.
So my poorly functioning gallbladder needs to go. Bye bye gallie!

Gonna have surgery this coming Monday, 7 November 2016.
Simon Bann is my Laparascopic Surgeon, and he will try to perform keyhole (laparoscopic cholecystectomy) surgery to remove my gallie. Recovery for this is 1-2 weeks.
Should there be any complication, then he will cut me open (laparotomy)- if this happen, recovery will take 4-6 weeks.

He is quite confident that keyhole would be successful though.

Good thing about Simon is that he is actively conversing with Darren (my cardiologist) about the coming surgery. He makes sure that the anaesthetist knows exactly which one is suitable for me and my heart "condition".

Gimana rasanya? Kanciong, cape juga..... Im just tired of being "strong".
At this point of time, I wish my mom is here.

All these times, not once did I ever tell my mom nor dad about my health issue.
I didn't want them to worry about me.
But you know, it has been months.
Im about to go under the knives.

I think parents (especially moms) are strong. I know. Because Im a mom too.

I wish I could tell my mom.
I wanna be able to allow myself to feel vulnerable. Because I am!
I've been on "my own" for so long.
Yes, I have Andi.
but it's different. I want my mom.
She may not be physically here with me, but I want her to know. I need her to know. 

I wanna be able to talk about it.
Dont get me wrong.
Im not afraid of dying on that operating table.
As I said before - gw mah ga takut mati. Apalagi kalo matinya gegara operasi, I'll be under anaesthesia - it'll be a peaceful death (kayanya sih ya). (not that Im going to, gallbladder surgery is very common here - udah macam usus buntu aja) but but but but..... I need my mom. Im tired, that's all.
wanna be able to talk about it to and with her (dad includes).


I hate lying about it. 
Dad would texts me every single morning without fail, the moment he opens his eyes "onya gimana? Ade gimana di kantor, ntar siang makan apa?"

You see, i've lied to him a couple of months ago. 
I was in the hospital. But i told him that office was fine, and that I had pasta for lunch. 
While the fact that I've been vomitting my guts out, had nothing to eat for days and IV lines stuck in my arm. 

I hate lying to him.

Sometimes, in time like this - I envy my brother.
He can simply go to Buaran, and be a "son" - kalo ga enak badan tinggal bilang.
Mom will come to his rescue, dikerikin, dipijitin, dibikinin makanan.
I can't do that.

Told him I may wanna tell mom about this surgery - but he said better not.
He worries mami bakal kepikiran. 
Iya sih... he has a point. 
Gw juga ga mao dia ampe sakit gegara mikirin gw. 
I wont forgive myself if that happen. 
Apalagi dia juga baru broke her ankle.

So, no. 
I knoowwww I wont tell her. Not now at least. 
When Im all fixed and better, then maybe.
But definitely not now.

It's just that I've been keeping things for so long.....
and Im tired of being strong. It's draining.
I wanna be a "daughter", where I can just simply let go.
Amit2 if this happen to Sonia, wouldn't I wanna know?
Wouldn't I wanna be able to support her? At least in prayers?

This is just me being me. 
A little sister who sometimes gets jealous with her brother. 
No offense against him at all. 
And i surely hope he wont get defensive if one day he finds out about how I feel. 

Mom and Dad were there for him when he had his thyroid problem.
They were there with him. For him. 
All the way through. 
From the start til the end. 
Mind you, his mood was horrible during those times. 
I remember very vividly dia ngebentak mami kenceng banget di pepper lunch di PI.
Not his fault, the hormones got the best of him. 
I know. But at least mom and dad were there.
Imagine if he was on his own.....

I need them now.
but I can't have them.
Left alone being physically cared for. I cant even tell them what's going on.

I feel very vulnerable. 
Di kantor juga drama masih going on. 
I feel inadequate. I feel small. I feel fragile. 

I need to know that it's okay to feel down once in a while. 

Im no whiner. 
Im no complainer. 
Heck if anything, i've been as strong as I could kok selama ini.

Not even Andi tau how hard I try. 
Again... dont get me wrong. 
Andi is a very, very, VERY good guy. 
But he's a GUY. 
He can be so typical. 
He can be so.... "stupid" as in, kelewatan cueknya. 
Bukan cuek karena dia ga peduli. 
Tapi emang karena dia ga nyadar. 
Karena emang dia ya.... "laki" banget. 

Dooh, yg cewe si pasti ngerti deh maksud gw apa. 
Susah jelasinnya. 

There are countless nights where I curled up in pain. 
Bahkan gw sampe pesen ke andi "eh, bsk pagi lu bangunin gw ya sebelon ke kantor... just in case I die in my sleep, amit2 jgn sampe Onya yg nemuin mayat gw" 

Konyol ya kedengerannya?? 
But I only said that because the night before I felt such a sharp pain on my chest. 
A different kind of pain yg gw belon pernah experience before. 
(Now I know it was because of the ulcers, but I didn't know then). 

Kalo gw dipesenin begitu, gw bakal worried sick! 
I would contemplate to call an ambulance malah.

Tapi andi?
"Oh, you ok?"
"Eerr no. Didn't I just tell u my chest hurt?"
"Oh ok... i'll wake u up in the morning. Nite sayang". 

Udah. Gitu doang. 
Trus dia ngorok ngak ngok ngak ngok. 
Sigh.
 
I knoooowww dia itu bukannya ga peduli. 
I knoooooowww dia itu sayang banget sama gua. 
I knoooowwww!
Cuma kadang otaknya suka "ga nyampe" deh kalo soal ginian.
Dia tuh "laki" banget.
 
Ya anyway,.... intinya: gua cappeeee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List

Yep. Been hearing a lot about people dropped dead suddenly. Mulai dari si Adjie Masaid, babenya si Joshua, then just now Emma's friend juga Dadaism died of heart attack. She was 29 years old, just got ,arrayed last October. Life is so fragile. That's why I really hate Andi each time I have to remind him over and over again about healthy lifestyle. Anyway, decided to make a bucket list for myself. 1. Back to NZ 2. Sky dive 3. Vacation to Russia 4. Having more than enough funds for Onya to pursue her degree in England, Oxford University preferably :) 5. Ngeliat Andi punya bodi keren 6. Buying a house for my parents 7. Karet tengsin dijual Hmmm....... Belon kepikiran yg lawn. Nanti di update lg deh

Lavender and Butterfly

My very first (and probably my last) tattoo. Why lavender ?  Because I love the smell.  I love the colour.  Lavender is pretty much the only plant that stays alive in my garden. It thrives in pretty much any weather with very little care. It lives with a big bunch of other lavenders but it can also lives on its own little bundle. It shows strength, and grace. Butterfly means beauty. Not just superficial beauty... but beauty after a storm. Beauty that was earned.  Like, after it went through struggles from a cocoon. Plus, you see butterfly (normally) in a great weather. Adds the beauty to the surroundings, like a balance in the universe.  Psalm 23:6 , is what I really resonate in my life.  That no matter what, no matter where, no matter how many bad decisions I’ve made.... God’s goodness and mercy is always with me. That I’m okay. That the God who made the universe loves me still.  That regardless how fucked up I am, His goodness and mercy is always wi...

A Wife's Heart

Postingan kali ini buat Andi. Feel so blessed beyond words punya suami kaya beliau. Walo banyak rese n nyebelinnya juga. He works really hard. I mean REALLY hard. I know I've complained about him being too busy, but lately he changed. Yes, dia masih sibuk banget di kantor. Yes, dia masih suka 'nyetrap' gw di mobil suru tunggu. Tapi I know that family is his top priority. The house is almost done. Andi spent hours last Sat and Sun buat bebersih rumah. Gw ga boleh ikut. "masih debuan banget" - gitu katanya. He knows Im allergic to dust and frankly, what can a pregnant woman possibly do? Ga mungkin juga kan gw ngangkat2 furniture. Naek tangga aja suka engap. Dapet laporan dari Otoy, Andi ngangkat2 barang ampe mukanya merah, ampe kringetan ngeces2... Gw tau dia pasti cape banget. Tapi begitu pulang he brought nothing but his big, warm smile. "Udah. Nanti gw sekali lagi kesana, finalize bersih2 - then you can come. Tuh gw beliin kelapa, mau diminum sekarang ga?...