I ended up spending 5 days in ICU.
My heartfelt gratitude to the doctors and nurses who really go above and beyond.
In a helpless situation, they continuously reassured me that it's okay.
It's okay if your body turned on you.
It's okay if you feel your body betrayed you.
That's what they're there for.
To help.
To make it easier.
Those nurses work 12 hour shift a day. 3 days a week.
Decent enough.
But the way they care for you, is above your expectation.
You see, that was my first time in ICU.
First 3 days I literally had no control of my body.
I didn't even know where I was.
I didn't who my name was.
I didn't know my birthdate.
I didn't know what year is this!
Everything was foggy.
I couldn't walk properly because extremely low blood pressure.
I couldn't feel my bowel movement.
That was really one of the lowest point in my life.
Having to be so dependent on someone else.
They even made me pee in a bedpot because I wasn't allowed to stand up.
At the end, they had to put a cathether on me coz they need to measure my urine output.
I was vulnerable AF.
Gone all my dignity.
Through it all, I see how patient God is.
I see how "nurturing" He was.
I was a mess. A literal mess.
I was angry.
I was upset.
Still. Through those people, I see grace.
I see love.
I see....... dedication.
Thank you to all ICU nurses who looked after me day in, day out.
Capital & Coast District Health Board, your ICU nurses have done a marvelous job. They're a keeper.
Now Im back to the normal ward... hopefully I'll be home tomorrow.
Comments