Sooo ready to go home Thursday morning when things turned south at about 750 am.
I threw up and started to have massive pain on my back.
Then apparently I texted Andi suru dia dtg. (Which I didnt remember).
He came right away, and found me in a fetal position curling and muntah lagi.
Gw dah ga inget apa2, gw cuma samar2 inget there were so many docs and nurses around me. I realised from previous experience that I created a commossion again. It was a medCall. Emergency state where within seconds all the docs and (more senior) nurses will come to my rescue.
My body shaked violently. I had rigors. I remember being sooo cold and thirsty. They didnt let me drink nor have blanket as apparently my body temp rose to 42°c.
I dont remember much, i think I was out for the most part. I remembered snippets, but not the actual event.
I think I vomitted again.
Then they stabilised me, I remember having an argument about not wanting to put a cathether. But they had to. So they did. They need to measure the urine output. Coz you know what I got?? Yep! Another fucking SEPSIS!!
They dont know how the bacteria sliooed into my bloodstream so quick. It's not from the arm surgery. I dont have fever at all since monday.... then suddenly on thursday morning this whole thing happened. Im a trully medical history!
Then they whisked me up to the ICU coz my blood pressure is so low. It was 65/49. A very dangerous range with sepsis in tow.
So this is day 3 in ICU. They found that the bacteria is a superbug. It's part of the ESBL family which is resistant to most antibiotics. So, not only I was in the ICU, but the put me in isolation. Pretty much my own room with ensuite bathroom. To avoid the rest vulnerable patients less exposed yo this superbug.
So I feel bad for making everybody kuatir.
Sigh.
ICU here is not as bad as I thought it'd be. It's not ad intimidating, not as noisy and not as scary. It's like having a personal nurse on my side all the time.
And I had the most embarrassing moment. But more on that later... my head started spinning.
Comments