The Me Inside this Saturday Afternoon
I'm walking through the barren land I made my sanctuary.
I've been shunned away to an edge I never thought life would put me on.
I've been gone too far, for too long.
Yet I'm still waiting for someone to bring me home.
I don't define who I am.
I am defined by the many, tumultuous, reasons beyond charts of historical values.
My lips are saline from the tears that I've spent the whole night pouring.
And in this altered confusion, I can't seem to recall the heart I remembered.
If I just had enough courage to put myself together...
.... and look forward to each, new day, without having to make something up...
perhaps - just perhaps - life has many other unwritten meanings I have yet to decipher.
That this bird has yet to soar, that the sky has yet to fall upon its feet.
I never mean to be a pessimist.
Everything but the battle inside my head has been accounted for.
I never wish to handcuff myself.
... but the reality bites!
Sometimes, you dont always get what you want.
And I thought by keeping secrets,
I've earned a different kind of freedom that no one else can sense.
That deep down inside, I have won.
Somehow.
Because beneath this great surge of pretence, I sometimes still lose my way.
... Still in search for that silver lining I once saw.
I've promised never to let them bring me down.
But I'm building a wall up so high around my own self-reflection,
I can hardly tell when I should stop,
..... and start constructing a door to let someone in.
I dont know if things should be any different.
I dont know if I could be any stronger.... or any weaker.
I have nothing to hold on to but my dreams.
But some dreams can't be shared... coz others will only destroy it.
I pray that one day, I will find my way and never lose it again.
Be strong!
We're not here just to play, to dream, to drift.
We have hard work to do.
I'm walking through the barren land I made my sanctuary.
I've been shunned away to an edge I never thought life would put me on.
I've been gone too far, for too long.
Yet I'm still waiting for someone to bring me home.
I don't define who I am.
I am defined by the many, tumultuous, reasons beyond charts of historical values.
My lips are saline from the tears that I've spent the whole night pouring.
And in this altered confusion, I can't seem to recall the heart I remembered.
If I just had enough courage to put myself together...
.... and look forward to each, new day, without having to make something up...
perhaps - just perhaps - life has many other unwritten meanings I have yet to decipher.
That this bird has yet to soar, that the sky has yet to fall upon its feet.
I never mean to be a pessimist.
Everything but the battle inside my head has been accounted for.
I never wish to handcuff myself.
... but the reality bites!
Sometimes, you dont always get what you want.
And I thought by keeping secrets,
I've earned a different kind of freedom that no one else can sense.
That deep down inside, I have won.
Somehow.
Because beneath this great surge of pretence, I sometimes still lose my way.
... Still in search for that silver lining I once saw.
I've promised never to let them bring me down.
But I'm building a wall up so high around my own self-reflection,
I can hardly tell when I should stop,
..... and start constructing a door to let someone in.
I dont know if things should be any different.
I dont know if I could be any stronger.... or any weaker.
I have nothing to hold on to but my dreams.
But some dreams can't be shared... coz others will only destroy it.
I pray that one day, I will find my way and never lose it again.
Be strong!
We're not here just to play, to dream, to drift.
We have hard work to do.
Comments